Do you sometimes feel like a fraud?
Are all of your successes more because of timing or a “fluke”?
Are you waiting for someone to discover you really aren’t good at what you do?
Well you may suffer from impostor syndrome.
It doesn’t have to sit with you all day, every day. It can be sporadic, coming and going as it seems.
I was fortunate enough to host the awarding winning radio program, Taking Care of Business and have on my panel:
- Jacki Mitchell – from Brandstorm Marketing and regular host of Taking Care of Business
- Fiona Redding – from The Happiness Hunter and the Business Addicts Community and
- Loren Bartley – from Impactiv8 and the Business Addicts Community.
In a step away from the usual Get More Success Show, this episode is the recording about Impostor Syndrome and how to overcome it.
We talked all aspects of Impostor Syndrome, including:
- What impostor syndrome is.
- Impostor syndrome triggers.
- The difference between feeling like an impostor and being a fraud.
- Strategies for overcoming impostor syndrome.
- The Dunning–Kruger effect.
- Our pearls of wisdom about dealing with Impostor Syndrome based on our varying experiences.
- The Impostor Syndrome loop.
- The role that your language and your thoughts can play in feeding (or starving) the impostor syndrome beast.
- Tips for changing your neuroplasticity to help you overcome impostor syndrome.
Have a listen and see if you have Impostor Syndrome and how to manage it.
Don’t forget to head over to our Facebook group and let us know your thoughts.